- Firstly the column of response values is specified.
- Secondly the column indicating ``treatments'' is specified.
- Another column indicating ``blocks'' is selected.
Various statistics in the AOV table for randomized block design are described as in the following.
|Source||Degree of freedom||Mean square||F-statistic|
|Total within blocks|
- is called the treatment sample mean for each treatment .
- is the block sample mean for each block .
- is the overall sample mean.
- is the treatment sum of sqaures.
- is the block sum of sqaures,
- is the error sum of sqaures.
is the total sum of sqaures.
Together we obtain the algebraic identity
© TTU Mathematics