- It is expensive and cumbersome to determine the body fat in humans as it involves immersion of the person in water. This dataset provides information on body fat, thigh circumference, and mid-arm circumference for twenty healthy females aged 20 to 34. It is desirable if a model could provide reliable predictions of the amount of body fat, since the measurements needed for the predictor variables are easy to obtain.
- A data frame with 20 observations on the following 3 variables.
- fat : body fat
- thigh : thigh circumference
- midarm : mid-arm circumference
- J. Neter and M.H. Kutner and C.J. Nachtsheim and W. Wasserman (1996). Applied Linear Statistical Models. McGraw-Hill.
© TTU Mathematics