Christopher B. Davis
Office: Bruner 307
Hours: TBA and by appointment
Email: cbdavis at tntech dot edu
In fall 2016 I am teaching Math 1910-3, Math 1911-800, Math-2120-6, and Math 6510-1 at TTU.
In summer 2016 I taught Math 1920-R53 and Math 2110-2 at TTU.
In spring 2016 I taught Math 1920-R53, Math 2110-4 , Math 2120-7, and Math 4220(5220)-1 at TTU.
In fall 2015 I taught Math 2110-6, Math 2120-4, and Math 4210(5210)-1 at TTU.
In summer 2015 I taught Math 1910-1 and Math 2120-1 at TTU.
In spring 2015 I taught Math 1920-9, Math 1920-4, Math 1921-800, and Math 2120-4 at TTU.
In fall 2014 I taught Math 1845-1, Math 1910-1, and Math 1910-4 at TTU.
In spring 2014 I taught Math 2065-1 at LSU.
In fall 2013 I taught Math 2085-1 at LSU.
In fall 2012 I taught Math 1551-1 at LSU.
In spring 2012 I taught Math 2065-3 at LSU.
In fall 2011 I taught Math 1552-16 at LSU.
I am interested in numerical analysis of partial differential
equations. Currently, I am developing and analyzing partition of unity methods for fourth (and higher) order problems and their fast solvers.
- C.B. Davis and S.W. Walker. Error Estimates and Implementation of a Mixed Method for the Stefan Problem. Submitted.
- S.C. Brenner, C.B. Davis, and L.-Y. Sung. A two-level additive Schwarz method for a partition of unity method. Submitted.
- C.B. Davis and S.W. Walker. A mixed formulation of the Stefan problem with surface tension. Interfaces and Free Boundaries 17.4 (2015): 427-464.
- S.C. Brenner, C.B. Davis, and L.-Y. Sung. A partition of unity method for the obstacle problem of simply supported Kirchhoff plates. Lecture notes in computational science and engineering, vol. 100. Springer, Berlin, 2015
- S.C. Brenner, C.B. Davis, and L.-Y. Sung. A partition of unity method for a class of fourth order elliptic variational inequalities.Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 276:612 - 626, 2014
- C.B. Davis. A partition of unity method with penalty for fourth order problems. Journal of Scientific Computing, 60:228 - 248, 2014
- S.C. Brenner, C.B. Davis, and L.-Y. Sung. A partition of unity method for the displacement obstacle problem of clamped Kirchhoff plates. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 265:3 - 16 , 2014
- C.B. Davis, J.G. Kim, H.-S. Oh, and M.H. Cho. Meshfree particle methods in the framework of boundary element methods for the Helmholtz equation. Journal of Scientific Computing, 55.1:200 - 230, 2013
- H.-S. Oh, C.B. Davis, and J.W. Jeong. Meshfree particle methods for thin plates. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 209 - 212:156 - 171, 2012
- H.-S. Oh, C.B. Davis, J.G. Kim, and Y.H. Kwon. Reproducing polynomial particle methods for boundary integral equations. Computational Mechanics, 48:27 - 45, 2011
- In August 2011, I received my Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics from the
University of North Carolina at Charlotte under the direction of
Professor Hae-Soo Oh. My dissertation is titled "Meshless boundary
particle methods for boundary integral equations and meshfree particle
methods for plates."
- In 2010 I received my M.S. in Mathematics from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- In 2005 I received my B.S. in Applied Mathematics with a minor in Computer Science from North Carolina State University.